Students in Year 9 have 3 French lessons each week.
In Year 9 students have homework set every week.
This is linked to their GCSE studies and will include regular examination practice questions.
- Talking About Yourself and Your Family
- Using the Verbs “avoir” and “être”
- Talking About Getting On with Others
- Use”reflexive verbs”
- Talking About Personal Relationships
- Position Of The Adjectives
- Including Adjectives In Your Work
- Talking About Communicating Online
- Using The Present Tense Of Regular And Irregular Verbs
- Talking About The Use Of Social Media
- Talking About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Mobile Technology
- Describe What You Like and Dislike To Watch On Tv and At The Cinema
- Describe What You Like and Dislike To Listen To In Your Free Time
- Describe What You Did Last Weekend Using The Past Tense
- Describe What You Like And Dislike To Eat
- Describe What Sports You Like To Do In Your Free Time
- Talk About Celebrations
- Talk About How We Celebrate
- Talk About Festivals
- Talk About International Festivals
Students throughout Year 9 are formally assessed through Reading and Writing Assessments. These assessments take place every half term or at the end of each topic.
Students speaking and listening skills are practiced during lessons with feedback given to students during lesson time.